Who We Are:
Citizens for Excellence in Education is a group of parents, grandparents, educators, business and community leaders who want our kids to get an excellent education and for our community to thrive. We formed to support the school board's proposal to address pressing space needs at our high school. The plan the school board has put forward is the lowest cost option and it's the only viable option in our opinion. We are committed to making Jefferson City the best place in Central Missouri to live, work and raise a family. That will only happen if we invest and commit ourselves to provide excellent education. Please consider signing up to support this critically important effort. The need is NOW, the time is RIGHT!
- Our high school kids are out of room. To avoid putting kids in trailers and to make sure they have safe, secure and technologically relevant facilities we need to pass this proposal.
- The economic impact to Jefferson City of this proposal is enormous. Local contractors will construct the facilities creating hundreds of jobs and millions in economic activity.
- Interest rates are at all-time lows so NOW is the time to build. Waiting to begin this project will cost the district millions as interest rates and construction costs increase.
- The School Board has voluntarily rolled back levies over the last four years saving district residents over $2.2 million dollars. They have been responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars and they have only asked for what is necessary to provide our kids with an excellent education.
- The School Board will annually audit all the bond proceeds from this proposal to make sure they are used in an efficient and effective way. They have also promised not to bring another bond or levy proposal to the voters for at least five years if they are successful in passing these measures.